As a school we believe that effective relationships are paramount in developing an environment in which students can flourish emotionally, socially and academically.
Our effective learning and play environments are built in all areas of the school through the development and use of:
- Honest, inclusive relationships
- The implementation of our three school rules: respect everyone and everything; be safe and thoughtful and help others to be better
- Clear, effective behaviour expectations and consequences, routines, organisation and management around our three school rules
- Bairnsdale West shared staff ‘Beliefs and Values’
- The Bairnsdale West Qualities as Learners framework and the explicit teaching of Social Emotional learning
In the yard additional personnel are available to interact with students, coordinating activities and games, supervising library sessions and further developing and supporting relationships.